Terms and Conditions
That Couch Place
Terms of service
- For items and colours that are in stock delivery can take place between 1 and 3 days, depending on delivery schedules.
- At times when fabric availability is a problem, delivery can be delayed but will take place within 14 days.
- During the December festive season factories generally close between 15th December to 10 January.
- Although we keep a warehouse with stock there are always some items that are sold out before the factories re-open, this may cause delays of up to end of January. Please check with us if this whether this will be applicable to your order.
- We accept Cash (on delivery only in Gauten or in store), Visa and Matercard Credit Cards(on delivery or in store) and EFT(Only prior to delivery)
- We use Payfast the popular and safe payment gateway. For online purchases and payments you may use:
- RCS Store Card, Game Mystore Card, Makro Credit, Builders Store Credit, Cape Union Mart Group Card, Keedo Store Card, Old Khaki Store Card, Poetry Store Card, Tread+Miller Store Card, VIP Store Card, CTM Store Card, Contempo Store Card and Supa Quick Store Card. Note these store cards are only accepted for payment on the website
- Mobicred, a simple & convenient credit facility that allows you to safely shop online with our participating retailers
- Get up to R35,000 Credit
- Once-off Online Application
- One Single Monthly Instalment
- Buy now. Pay Later
- Only Use Credit When You're Ready
- Use Credit on Multiple Purchases (go to www.mobicred.co.za to complete your application)
- Costs and charges for delivery are excluded from the item price
- All items to be paid in full on collection or delivery and remains the property of That Couch Place until fully settled
- Items not paid will be returned to our shop with delivery fee charged regardless
- Items ordered and paid for must be collected within 14 days. Storage fees of R500 per month or part thereof shall be charged for items not collected.
- All non-regular stock ("special orders") to be paid in full at time of order
- We do not do any refunds
- Fabrics for special orders may not be supplied by customer
Warranties and return policy
- All our couches have a 1-year warranty for the stitching and the frame
- Bed warranties are dependent on the bed you have purchased as these vary between manufacturers. Please check the description on our website
- Warranties do not include free collections nor loan goods
- The warranty includes a 30 - day warranty on foam for factory defects - please inspect your product at the time of delivery / collection
- Fabrics do not have warranties
- Please refer to the specific item for description of recommended use of couches and beds
- We will only consider returns if your dissatisfaction is raised in writing within 7 days of receiving / collecting your goods. After this period our standard service warranty will be applicable - as it applies to the goods purchased
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase
- A handling fee of 20% of the product's purchase price will be charged in addition to the standard delivery / collection fee
- To raise any complaints / dissatisfaction, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds (if applicable)
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment
- Refunds will only be processed (in the case of refund approval) the day after the item is received and inspected
We only replace items if they were defective or damaged at the time of delivery / collection. Exchanges can only be made for the exact same item originally purchased.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
Sale and Demo Items
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale and demo items cannot be refunded
Shipping / Return address
- To return your product, you should do so to: That Couch Place, 2 North Road, Riverbend, Kya Sands, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 1951, South Africa.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping / collections costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping / collection will be deducted from your refund.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
That Couch Place
2 North Road; Riverbend; Kya Sands; Johannesburg; Gauteng; 1951; South Africa